DishBlog...The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Good for her, here's a excerpt from People: "Model Petra Nemcova knows what it's like to struggle to be a size zero in order to stay on the runway – and says she went on brutal diets and even took laxatives to stay thin. "I went through so many diets in my life. I've been very, very skinny. I've been a size zero but I'm naturally more curvy," she tells PEOPLE. "I ate just vegetables, carrots, tomatoes. I went from a just-protein diet to just eating apples to eating no carbs. I took laxatives. I went through all of it just to be able to model." Nemcova's comments come in the wake of a decision earlier this month by Madrid Fashion Week officials, who set off an international catfight by announcing that models participating in Fashion Week shows there had to meet a weight standard: Their body-mass index needed to be at least 18 – or 122 lbs. for someone 5'9". " This is the best freakin news I've heard this year!!!!! Michael Kors of course setting the pace stating if he can se anyone's ribs they're gone! Very, very, cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home